Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh technology....

I have some amazingly cute pictures of the children on the tractor with Grandpa, Henry driving, kids holding hands running through the fields... and alas I am unable to post them because for whatever reason the card isn't compatible with the scanner, and then mom's camera hooked up to the computer wasn't working either, I think the battery is dead. One day I may be able to post them I hope.
Elizabeth and Henry are having a blast with Granny Annie and Grandpa, they are being spoiled rotten who wouldn't love that?! Elizabeth insists that she is staying her for a long long time. J was a bit concerned and saddened that she wasn't missing home. However, after looking through the last two years of pictures I discovered that Idaho is as much home for her as anywhere else... maybe more than anywhere else. I believe she spent about half her life here at Annie's house and LOVES it here. So I get why she wants to stay. I've never actually lived in Idaho, but I feel like I'm home. It's because family is here, but the beauty here is amazing and there is no smell like Idaho, the hay the animals it's just wonderful... even the skunk smell from the road is wonderful to me! Brings back wonderful memories from childhood.
My Mom's ward had their primary program this last Sunday, Elizabeth stayed sitting next to us, but sang along with every song! I was telling her to be quiet at first but everyone around thoroughly enjoyed her. I was almost the emotional momma watching my baby on the stand singing. I'm not sure why it pulls at my heart strings but it does. The spirit was so amazing! What a wonderful sacrament meeting!
Although it was warm and sunny when we got here, I actually got a sun burn on Thursday last week... we got snow the same day Alaska did. It didn't stick really, but we had an entire day of snow storm. The kids were so excited the next morning to see some snow on the grass they ran outside to make snow angels. They will be thrilled to get back to Alaska to play in more snow with actual snow gear!
Hopefully the pictures will come soon.

2 comments:

  1. hopefully we'll have snow for them to play in, since it didn't stick here, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I cant believe you guys actually had a storm. All my friends in UT were posting about it. Its funny cuz we didnt have a storm it just sprinkled some snow on us. That is something good about AK, not as many storms. (Do you miss home yet, cuz I'm trying really hard!) hehe Tell E we miss her too!

    ReplyDelete