Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful hearts

I was overwhelmed yesterday as I thought about everything I am grateful for. Most especially for the opportunity to be TOGETHER as a family. For the prayers that so many offered in our families behalf, in Henry's behalf, that brought us to this point. I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers and I am in awe of how many people, as I slowly begin to realize, were praying for our little man. My heart is full of JOY! We have been blessed with great prosperity, peace and love. Most importantly we have been blessed with the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My little Elizabeth sings her primary songs where ever we are, the store, the doctors, she loves the songs and shares them with anyone who will listen. I wish I had the strength to share with those around me the wonderful message of joy that the gospel has to share. We have a Savior who gave his life for each one of us so that we could live again, so that we can be families for eternity, so that the mistakes, heartaches, sorrows and trials we face here can be forgiven, softened, comforted and endured. My favorite part of this season is the music that sings and testifies of Christ and his birth and his greatness! What greater blessing can we have than to know WHO we are, WHY we are here and the PURPOSE of this life. I believe greater than knowing, is sharing! To share the gospel with others and than witness the joy that it brings to them is far greater than just knowing for ourselves.

(Stephanie, I meant to get more pictures of our family dinner, but alas, I was running around getting dinner ready... here are the few we got)

Can't get enough of this kids smile!
I TOLD you he's growing fast!



SOOO strong!

We had a SEAFOOD feast last night with family.
Seems a bit easier than cooking turkey all day, and much more delicious!

Shrimp appetizer platter with wheat thins
Fondue and Rosemary bread cubes
Roasted shrimp & Special Cocktail Sauce


Live dungees that were cooked and cleaned for us... we simply reheated them in the oven

AND

Most delicious in my opinion... King Crab Legs


I did try to slip in a little turkey with some Wild Rice & Turkey soup.. alas I was the only one to eat it. ;) Can't blame me for trying

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I definitely would go for a seafood feast over turkey dinner for Thanksgiving! And it's great to see everyone so happy and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We did non-traditional too...a full on Korean BBQ feast. It was SO easy and way more satisfying having not spent all day cooking it to have it be done in a 1/2 hour! Definitely liking the no-turkey thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the picture looks like it was a great thanksgiving meal. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete