Sunday, August 16, 2015

So it begins...

(Baby Elizabeth) 
 Tomorrow we begin a year of home School for Elizabeth, Henry & Lydia!
I was really excited and then hyperventilating, sure I was going to ruin their brains... and now after a night of prayers on my knees and lots of tears... I think I am ready.  
Saturday is Elizabeth's 9 birthday!! 
This year will be a wonderful, eye opening year for her I hope.  
 And this kid begins his second year of home school and is still excited to do it.  I love sitting down with them and discussing their interests and what they want to learn about.  
I LOVE learning! I wish I loved it as much while I was IN school! 
But seeking out good books and learning is exciting and fulfilling. 
I started reading "Famous American Women" by Hope Stoddard last night and forgot to get the kids to bed :)  American History, here we come! 
(Henry age 1)
While I still worry about failing my children, I know that with the Lords help anything is possible.  I have been counseled, as we all have, to keep our priorities aligned, and the Lord would bless me in my endeavors. Put the Lord First, Marriage second, Family third, Church callings and then all else.  We learned this scripture in Primary today,  "But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe."  Faith in the Lord produces Miracles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment