Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lazy Week in Alaska

This was probably the most uneventful week for our family. I had the week off to help with the baby. I usually have projects planned for any time off work but this week slipped away with a bunch of lounging around and reading. About the only thing I did was start running. My brother Neal somehow convinced me to start running and getting ready for a 1/2 marathon in about 4 months. Im not a bad runner, I just have never really liked it. I am 6'4" tall, 250 lbs, and flat footed. On top of which I have allergy induced asthma during certain times of the year like right now. So I weezed, ached, and pushed though a 1 mile run, a 2 mile run, and a 3 mile run. Neal calls and tells me what I need to run each day and on Saturday (the long run days) he is running with me.

Mommy & baby Calvin are doing well. Not much to report, he eats, she feeds, then he poops and pees, usually while she is burping him, and thus since she is holding him I always seem to get out of diaper duty. Then again I get diaper duty with Porter, who is 2 years old now and I don't need to go into the difference between a newborn's poop and 2 year old poop.





Elizabeth, Henry, Lydia, and Porter are enjoying summer. We had a bon-fire one night this week and made 2 batches of home made ice-cream. Other than that we spent the week playing games and relaxing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment