Sunday, September 7, 2014

Playing Catch Up

 
First, I must apologize for neglecting the blog for a few weeks. Due to my unique work, and duties, I had to work 24 days straight during the State Fair and averaged over 15 hours of work a day. I ended up working 138.25 hours of overtime in 2 weeks on top of my 80 hours of normal work.  Hopefully the pay check will reflect my hard work but almost everything in life was put on hold for the past 3 weeks.   Fortunately I earned myself a week off of work to get a few last projects done around the house before winter hits.  I just started a retaining wall/planter wall around the deck I should have completed next week. Lisa took Henry out of school and started home schooling him. He was in a class of 33 kids and was far advanced compared to his peers. While his peers were reading picture books consisting of one sentence per page, Henry was reading chapter books at a third grade level. Although its more work for Lisa, she feels it best to keep him learning rather than waste a year waiting for his peers to catch up with him.    
 Lydia loves to get into Mommy's make up and tries her best when we are not looking.

 The kids all went to the State Fair for some fun in the sun.

 Blue Berry picking turned into blue berry eating.  Mommy was the only one who had the self control to not eat every berry picked.


 Elizabeth had her 8th birthday, got some presents, and a rabbit.




 Cabbages from the garden.
Elizabeth was baptized on Saturday. She is growing up fast.
Till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment