Monday, April 12, 2010

Slow...

I know.. I know, You're all waiting, and I'm horrible at keeping up when I'm home. I greatly apologize! With two children, a husband, four piggies and a green house needing attention, on top of all the other house keeping stuff... I'm a bit behind. And there are many super mom's who have the time, I'm not one of them.. I'm working my way there.
Henry had another visit today with the Docs. And drum roll please..... his platelets were 88!!! An all time high, and his hematocrit was 39 (that's normal range!!!) He has been getting a shot called "Darbo" for short... that boosts the production of red blood cells... and this week he didn't need the shot. His red blood cells are doing awesomely along with his platelets! His weight was 11.4 kg. Which is ok.. I met with the nutritionist today and she's WONDERFUL! We talked about a schedule that will help stimulate eating more and I don't have to be so obsessed with fluid intake! Hooray! I am no longer held responsible for his food intake. Henry is responsible for that and I am responsible for providing a schedule to stimulate hunger and provide the nutrition he needs. It's up to this little man to eat all he needs.
He is walking! Today at the Doc visit he refused to hold my hand at all, some times held Elizabeth's hand, but refused to be dependant on me! It was awesome! Although this week was the first time he really didn't like the blood pressure machine. And currently is screaming at me because he wants more jelly beans. haha good nutritious value right?!
We are so happy to be home and together. We head to Seattle on the 4th of May and will be coming home with out the Hickman line! YEAH! We are waiting still to hear if hubby is switching jobs or not, and if he does, he will be gone during may and June. Mommy will be responsible for taking care of the garden and piggies. Something else to build life around.
The days are getting so light! Well for longer periods of time! And it's wonderful! Every day it's exciting to see how much longer the sun light sticks around. Oh the many reasons I love Alaska. They built a bike path that runs into town, so I've been driving to the bottom of the mountain and walking to town. People think I'm nuts! It's a rare thing to see around here because you have to drive so far to a grocery store. But I love it! I'm missing Seattle for it's wonderful bike path and the close proximity of everything, not to mention the number of parks around. But we're managing at home wonderfully! Seattle I love you, but I love being home WAY more!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Henry!

    And wait? Joel is switching jobs????? what?! Changing to what? I saw you with the kids on sunday...very cool that henry gets to go now! Update me! I feel so out of the loop since getting back.

    ReplyDelete