Thursday, August 5, 2010

1 YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We celebrated this MONUMENTAL day with Red cupcakes again!
Last year on Aug. 3rd, Henry received his bone marrow transplant!
We celebrate the day even though his transplant technically failed. Henry's marrow grew back rather than the donors, but it eliminated the disease and that's all we could ask for! What a blessing it has been to be home and healthy and enjoying life as a family! I want to thank all of you that prayed for our family, for our little Henry! The Lord does hear and answer prayers, in his own way, in his own time. I find it amazing to look back at the way things worked out, how the Lords will becomes more clear as we see how and why things worked the way they did. I am grateful for the Lords mercy and love and patience. And I am grateful to have my baby boy with me today!
This was the outfit he started in... I think we ended up changing a few times! haha I know he may not look excited and happy... but he was! He was a bit tired at this point, he only downed a portion of the cupcake frosting and was about to crash...but we livened him up and forced him to stay awake longer! Such fun!

I made Ribs for the first time ever! Great Success! We had Ribs, pulled pork, veggies from the garden, fruit salad, crackers & hummus, sweet corn and corn bread. I think it's funny that when we want to celebrate we think about eating a big awesome meal!

Trying to decided which is better cupcakes or corn?!



Eating cupcakes without hands leads to frosting/cake up the nose!
(Man! He looks JUST like my brother Jake!)

Making googlie eye with Grandma!
Shirtless because his dinner ended up ALL over his shirt!

Henry and his friend, Sawyer who lives next door, enjoy eating cupcakes with out their hands. Less Mess?!

After cupcakes...MORE CORN! Thank you Grandpa for bringing the sweet corn! Henry LOVED it, I think he ate about two ears.

Tuesday Henry, Elizabeth and I went swimming with the neighbor girls to celebrate Henry's Transplant day. Afterwards we went home and made Red Velvet cupcakes with coconut frosting. However, mommy's cupcakes didn't turn out very well... the frosting was good though, and that's all that really matters right?! We sang "Happy Transplant Day" and played with friends. It was really a wonderful day. And I am definitely making it a tradition to have Red Velvet cupcakes every year on the 3rd of August. What joy fills my heart!

3 comments:

  1. OH BOY!! Those RIBS were AMAZING!!! I cant believe that was your first time making them. You should go PRO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lisa, Heavenly Father has truly blessed your sweet family and is ever mindful of you. What a wonderful miracle " the AMAZING Henry" continues to be every day that he is here on this earth. We couldn't be more happier for you and for Henry's ever improving health & streangth. We miss you guys!
    Love Always - the Osborn Family
    Peter, Sara, Jolee, Ethan, Logan, Kylee,& Baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for your family... and for Henry. I'm amazed at your strength through it all! Happy Transplant Day!!!
    ~KaLisi

    ReplyDelete