Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 years

My memory usually is pretty good, however, when it comes to Elizabeth, pictures are necessary. Not, mind you, because I forget what she looked like, but because on hectic days I seem to forget the great JOY she has brought into my life. These are just a handful of my favorites. She was born a couple days early and has been RACING through life at full speed. She started walking/running with my help at the age of 5months, walking on her own at 7 months, running soon after, riding her bike at age 4 and would really like to be driving by now!



Her first words were apple, cookie, please and thank you. She was the sweetest little thing! I never had to tell her to say "please" or "thank you." And she LOVED her baby dolls.


This one is for Hillary, she looks so much like her cousin in this picture! You can't really see it, but there was a mirror in front of her and she would sit and make faces at herself for hours! And yes, today she is still very much infatuated with her reflection.



Yeah I know, looks crazy right?! She was 8 months old.
I'm not sure there has ever been a day in her life that she hasn't been trying to HURRY and learn something.


She has always managed to surprise me with her secret abilities. On the way to Grandma's house one day I accidentally left a glad Tupperware container on her lap, that happened to be full of cookies. In the few minutes it took to get to Grandma's she had opened the container and eaten a few cookies... and covered herself in CHOCOLATE!

She was so proud of herself and I couldn't stop laughing.
Hangin Out with Uncle Jake. So sweet and fun and adorable. There are times that she fills my heart with joy! I guess that's what having kids is about... some days are good and some are tough, but truly the joy outweighs the hard days... That's what the pictures help me remember!






And now she's 5, starting kindergarten and COMPLETELY independent. I asked her what she wanted for breakfast on her birthday and she said "MOM! I can have whatever I want, sorry but I can." I forgot that the age of 5 was the age of Independence. I have so much to learn. :) I have thoroughly enjoyed all five years. They haven't been easy on her, but she has taken everything in stride and grown into a strong and confident girl! She has so much love to give and I am so blessed to be her Mom. I am very curious to see what the teenage years hold!! I know I'll be eating my words soon enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment