Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School!

For the next however many years... my life will revolve around the school schedule...no more weekend trips in the middle of the week! No more lazily enjoying the day...life is structured once more. I was having a bitter sweet morning, watching this sweet girl get ready for her first day. I am excited for her to begin school, the learning, playing and making new friends. But I am wondering to myself, did I really take the time to enjoy having her around all the time? Did I teach her enough... well no!... but I guess I can still work on that. E is more than ready to be in school, she LOVES having friends and she loves learning (just not when Mom is the teacher!). I guess I'm realizing that even though most days I wish she would "grow up a little" it happened all too fast. I am not going to be there for the fun moments when she learns something new, or discovers she's really good at something. Separation issues for poor ol' Mom. hahaha
I'm waiting anxiously to hear how her day went.


After going through a million and one outfits she was determined to wear this. It was actually the first choice, I thought I would talk her into something different, but she was not having it! She really wanted to wear one of the necklaces Laci gave her for a birthday present.


It was a quiet morning with just Elizabeth and I, reading and getting ready.




Couldn't leave without saying good bye to Henry! He SOOO loves his big sister. He's anxiously waiting for her to come home too!!







She didn't even notice I was there anymore. Found the coat hanger, put her stuff away, said hello to the teacher and sat down to color with the other kids. I wish I could just sit in the class and watch her excitement! I had to get her attention to tell her I was leaving... more for me than her... but what can I say?!

2 comments:

  1. She looks so grown up!!!!! I was going to call you the other day for you to bring her over for a play date then remembered she's in SCHOOL! ahhh! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the before school time. One more year before I'm bound my that schedule too. :( As much as Alex is ready for school (and most days me too!), I'm glad we can go about doing whatever we want for another year and I get to still hang out with my baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be around you more! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete