Friday, June 5, 2009

Pressing Forward

(He just got done saying good bye to daddy on the computer so he was a bit sad. :()

You know when you let yourself hope for too much and then when things turn out less than you had hoped you can't help but feel let down?! Henry rebounded from the two harsh rounds of chemo so well that I was expecting or hoping rather for a great miracle. Hoping that the LCH would be out of his marrow completely. Not the case. However, I will count my blessings...there is significantly less, and there is evidence of new cells being produced.. all great stuff. His spleen and liver were shrinking.. he's a bit stopped up so tummy is a bit bloated. :( There are lesions on his head from the LCH that are getting better and his back is stable. I feel much like Nephi's mother, murmuring for no good reason, lack of trust in the Lord's great plan honestly. I expressed to the Lord that I am willing to be here as long as he sees fit, so I hope as my mother says, that he knows my heart and although I feel like a faithless woman, he'll understand that it's just emotions of frustration and I am still willing to do all that he asks. So many times when I was younger I believed myself to be Nephi, strong and righteous.. when in fact my life turns out to be much more like Laman or Lemuel, now much like Sariah...But I do have to give her credit she was a very good woman, faithful and strong, willing to follow her husband and give up all that they had. And really her murmurings were just concerns for her children... so I understand how she feels and why she would murmur!

Henry is doing well, we are still working on getting him standing, this wonderful walker was donated to us annonymously from someone in our ward here. He loves it, although he can't walk in it yet we are still hopefull. It's heart braking sometimes to see how far behind he is or that he should be doing this or that.. I just keep hoping that he'll get there some day, I can't quite picture it in my mind but I'm hopfull that that day will come when he can run around wild and crazy with his big sister.

So regardless of my maybe depressed sounding post..Henry is doing very well and he is progressing, just at a slower pace than I had hoped. We are meeting with a Doctor Baker from Minnesota that specializes in bone marrow transplants for LCH patients. Pretty awesome! We're set up to meet with him when Joel comes down at the end of the month but perhaps we will gain greater understanding of the disease, talking with him.

The weather here has been phenominal!!! Everyone that lives here complains because it's too hot, but we were reaching record highs in the 80s and 90s and I was loving every minute of it. Too much of it for a while, but it was definately wonderful to have so much sunshine. Today was a bit cloudy but still 76. Henry and I have to get up early to do our daily run before it gets too hot, not sure how people run in extreme heat, I guess you adjust, but it's become daily routine and Henry loves it.

We have become good friends with some people in our ward, they have a two year old little girl named Zella who plays with Henry every now and then and he loves it! He misses his big sister so much and so she's become the adopted sister. He's so much more interested in the kids around the house, wanting to see them and play with them, I'm hoping that will encourage him to move around more. Only the Lord knows! I'll be grateful that he's not running around everywhere or crawling on all the dirty floors. :)

We love and miss you all, thank you again for your prayers and support. Truly the Lord strengthens and comforts us through others. Much love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, You are one of the most faithful women I know, I'm sure the Lord is pleased with how you are handling things, you give me courage to look forward. And with a doctor with the name of Baker how can you go wrong :) Always in our prayers Terri

    ReplyDelete