Friday, November 20, 2009

At 'Home'










I know we're not actually at home, but this is home for us right now, and like I said in the previous post he's doing really well being at home. Elizabeth loves to play with him, and Henry is beginning to mimic everything Elizabeth does or says. And even when Elizabeth tries to pull him along the floor by his arm, he is eager to hug it out.. make sure she knows he still loves her, even when she's too rough.

Instead of worrying about where mom is now, he just cruises down the hall looking for Elizabeth and something fun to do, he definitely found it today! What a little stinker! But oh so cute, and why is it wonderful and funny when Henry does it and when Elizabeth does it I want to spank her! I know, mommy's got some learning to do... and some patience to acquire. Poor Elizabeth.

Yesterday we went into the clinic to get labs, and the nurse was really congested, we're hoping that she wasn't sick, but Henry is definitely getting more congested and tired, could just be his platelets and blood are low again. The Lord has blessed us all with great health, including Henry and we are very grateful. A few families I have recently met have lost the fight against Histiocitosis and or had huge set backs. They are definitely in our prayers, but it makes me oh so much more grateful for the blessings and miracles in our own lives. We hole up in our apartment and only leave to go on walks, I'm too paranoid to be out and about with Henry still. Thank heaven for the apartment we are in, rather than the smaller hotel size rooms in the other houses.

P.S. Juliann thanks so much for the games, we played the train game and my parents really loved it, and mom and I have been playing scrabble every day! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving at home.

6 comments:

  1. What great pictures! It's so much fun to watch Henry and Elizabeth growing up via the wonderful pictures you post. Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. We check your site every day... at least twice... and pray for you faithfully.

    I'll be in Seattle for a short visit in December. I'd love to stop by and say hello. I wonder if you can have visitors... healthy visitors.

    We're all doing well here in Kodiak. We've all either had H1N1 or been vaccinated for it. (Sarah was the first to get it. She picked it up at a cross country meet at Palmer High School!) God was gracious in that, even with all the sickness around Colin and his fragile immune system, he has not been sick once. It is definately the grace of God.

    We are looking forward to all being at home for Thanksgiving. One thing that comes from having a very sick child is that we truly learn to be grateful for things we used to take for granted.

    I'm so glad your parents are with you. I know they are a big help and encouragement. And, as a grandparent myself, I know how much they want to be with you.

    God bless you all.

    Affectionately,

    Joy Ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video and boy did the toliet paper picture bring back memories. I think all my kiddos did that once or twice. Henry looks so good. My lesson is on Gratitude this sunday and i will probably use you as an example, you are such a good example to us all on that. You definately remind me to be thankful in all things, Happy Thanksgiving to you all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that things are going so well with Henry! I have been trying to text you since halloween! You're probably busy and can't respond but know that I think of you often and I am alway sending my love and prayers to you and your amazing family! Enzo is doing well Zella is going to turn 3 next month! I wish we were closer I miss hanging our with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have the best Thanksgiving this year! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are enjoying the games! I've been practicing my scrabble skills with my mother in law. We'll have to challenge each other when I get home. I'm glad Henry is doing so well. I love the picture of him and Elizabeth together. It looks heavenly. Enjoy Thanksgiving! You guys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a happy sight to see your children somewhere other than a hospital room. They look so happy! I hope that things continue to look up and get better for you and your family. We will continue to keep a prayer in our hearts for you always. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Love the Osborn Family,
    Peter, Sara, Jolee, Ethan, Logan,& Kylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the video and the pictures! Ethan is starting to be nicer to Lauren....we've had a few of those cute hugs & kisses moments too! I am not sure if we have gotten any pictures of it yet though. I am happy to hear that Henry has been out of the hospital for a bit now. I hope he is able to stay out for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for this year! Sure wish we could come visit. Glad you have Mom & Dad there to share the ups and downs with!
    We love you & miss you tons!
    Love & Prayers,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete