Monday, November 16, 2009

Play Time

Not the greatest quality picture, I tried to crop them first but didn't work, and I just didn't care anymore.. have more things to do today. :)

Henry and Elizabeth spend most of their time together playing these days, or watching cartoons together. I tried to put Henry on the floor this morning to play, but he kept pointing at the bedroom wanting Elizabeth to come play with him. Annie and Grandpa got Henry to eat a bowl of cereal, I swear that kid will eat for anyone but Mommy, he doesn't trust me any more because I feed him all the gross medicine. Last night we all knelt down by the bed to say prayers with Elizabeth and I asked Henry to fold his arms and he did! It was so adorable! We are all learning sign language, about ten words a week so we can start communicating with Henry, well actually we're trying to get Henry to talk to us. He still doesn't talk, but he points at what he wants and is starting to make more fun noises. We can't say anything about "going" or "walking" because he'll point at the door and cry until we actually leave. He knows exactly what we are talking about, we just have to figure out what he is talking about.
We have labs and doctor visits at least three times a week, and transfusions every other day, but Henry so loves to be home with Elizabeth. Last night he did fairly well, sleeping through the night is something foreign to him, but he's starting to get better at it. He and Elizabeth were tag teaming me, I would get one back to sleep and lay down and then the other one would start crying so it was an interesting night, but I did get some sleep. I love watching them play together and see Henry really thrive. I really hope we won't be here until next summer, but if that's what the Lord has in store for us, so be it. We have a donor that's a perfect match, so if we need to do the second transplant we're all set. I am still hoping for a miracle, that we won't actually need the second transplant but we shall see.
I started to complain and wonder why we had to be in a situation that separated us as a family, and I started to think about all the families with husbands or wives in the military and in other jobs that separate them for long periods of time. While it may not be what we want, you make it work. And maybe there isn't any other reason than having empathy for someone in a similar situation, and knowing how to serve them. We all miss Daddy TONS!!!! And hope he doesn't get too lonely at home with out us, but I take comfort in knowing that we have been sealed together as a family for eternity. It will be but a small moment, and soon we will be together again.

1 comment:

  1. How fun that they play together. Last night Devin suddenly yelped, "no Ethan you can't strangle Lauren!" I looked up and sure enough he had both hands around her neck. Yikes!! Wow, ten words a week...I had better get a move on. We are learning sign language here also. Lauren can't hear us, but she does figure out what is going on around her pretty quickly. Whenever I put her sign socks and put her socks on her, she starts to sign shoes right away and starts pointing to where they are. If they are not within close reach, she will go get them and bring them back to me. The other day I was getting Ethan's shoes on, and mine were on, and Lauren crawled over and got hers too. I had to tell her no, I didn't have time to put hers on that day. :) She is so funny though. She has picked up several signs now, and she LOVES to kiss. Oh, the other day she sneezed and had snot running down her face....she crawled over very quickly and got her burp rag (softer on her nose than tissue) and brought it to me, so I could clean her off. She is a bright little girl. I am hoping that her ENT apt., at the end of the month, brings news that they will be able to help her hear. We shall see!!
    Anyway, I love seeing Henry and Elizabeth play together...and in a home environment at that!! Keep up the good work. We miss you and love you all tons and tons!!
    Love,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete