Saturday, February 21, 2009

Busy Busy!!

Sorry to all those keeping up on the blog! I know it's been a long time since I posted anything, we were with out internet in our room and in and out of the hospital. Elizabeth got back from Granny Annie's house on Friday the 13th. Waiting for Elizabeth was a big Valentines Surprise. Ballons, gifts, Valentine's Cards, the mail box from Laci, candy, coloring books and crayons. She was sooooo excited! I didn't take a picture before the ballons came down because I had no batteries for my camera. But it was very memorable! I think Elizabeth will be a lover of Valentines Day too.
We have discovered that Henry is lactose intolerant! This is ironic because when Henry was initially sick back in July the Doctors were convinced that the cause of his illness was Goat Milk or the goats themselves. Those that cannot handle the lactose in cows milk very often can drink goats milk. Won't those Doctor's be surprised! We havne't tried the goats milk yet, we have tried soy and so far all is well. Because the Doctor's had Henry on constant feeds he was always really bloated and stopped up and in a lot of pain, so they were giving him more laxatives every day. This helped unstop him but didn't help his body absorb any of the nutrients from the formula. So we stopped the feeds until he was no longer sick to his stomach and more comfortable. However, we fed him some ice cream that pretty instantly set off more bloating and pain. At first Henry didn't like the soy milk, after watching me drink it, he's all about it! Anything that I eat, he will eat.... smart kid!
Although I feel a sense of relief in figure out what was causing his constant discomfort, I also feel a sense of guilt for not realizing the problem sooner! He's definately feeling better, much more active and happy. The only problem we have now is figuring out what to feed him. He's a very picky kid. One step at a time, but I feel like this is a huge step for us... a great big one forward! Yeah For Henry!!!! Now we work on physical therapy and chemo. Monday we meet with the Doctor's about his bone marrow biopsy results. We will be deciding whether to continue the treatment he's on or moving to another type of Chemo. They are worried the treatment he's on isn't calming the LCH enough. His hematocrit is always low, that's his red blood cells, along with his platelets. Taking him off of the home chemo didn't boost them at all, which means that the LCH is possibly too packed into his bone marrow. But we'll talk to the Doctors and see what they have planned for us.
I hope that all our friends and families are doing well. We love you all and miss you so much! I have the blue cable to hook into the wall now, so we should have internet from now on... I promise to do my best keeping the blog up to date. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment