Monday, February 9, 2009

Sorry that it's been a while since a new posting was done. Joel came for a week and it was wonderful! We really enjoyed being together, and although we missed Elizabeth greatly, it was a bit easier to just relax and be together.
We went to Olive Garden and Stanfords and went shopping at Pottery Barn and Target, don't think we're rich.. we just used all our gift cards. :) Joel and I went to Mandy and Tom's a couple times to play games and do dinner. Tons of fun...and every time Henry is around Finley he is way more talkative the next day, so I think we need to hang around him more often. :)
Right now Henry and I are spending our alone time in the Hospital. No, we weren't that lonely! Henry developed a fever this morning at 7am. So we didn't get to see much of Grandma and Grandpa Miner unfortunately.
They still aren't sure what is causing the fevers, but because his condition is "delicate" in their terms, they wanted to keep a close eye on him. On top of which the people in ER observed behaviors in him that they were concerned with, that if they had asked me about... wouldn't have caused any alarm. They just weren't really willing to listen to me. Oh well. I was convinced he was fine and that it was just a fever like he normally gets, but he got another one and while we are here we can find out if the RSV is gone or not. Besides which Henry really loves to flirt with the Nurses.
I did a first today... I left Henry with one of the Nurses while I went to RonDon to get clothes and some other stuff. He slept the whole time but it was still a bit overwhelming to do. Then the nurse and I got to talking and she played soccer at SPU and knew some of the girls at my school and some high school friends of mine. So we had a nice long chat and talked about sports and Portland and lots of other fun stuff. The nurses here are so sweet! And they all love Henry.
On my way back to the hospital room I got into the elevator with four of the UW basketball players here to sign autographs for kids.... and they were all really really tall... had to duck going through the doors, needless to say I felt short! It was great!
Elizabeth is doing wonderfully at Granny Annie's house. She is beyond excited to have her own room and lots of room to play. She loves her Uncle B, and seems to be doing well with out mommy. :) They might be heading back on Thursday but with all the snow it might be later than that. I'm hoping that Henry will be better by tomorrow night so we can get outta here. As much as we love the nurses and the food we love being in our own room! Well I do anyways.
We are suppose to have a meeting with the physical therapist tomorrow and talk about Henry's back. Hopefully we'll figure out what we can do to help him strengthen it or help his back heal itself.
We saw the occupational therapist and she did the tests for his cognitive development and he's doing phenominally in that area of development, it's just the physical stuff like rolling over and crawling and all that development stuff. I'm excited that we're finally working on that portion of his well being. Anyways.. he's having fun playing with the barf buckets.. don't worry they are still clean! What a cute little boy! Better get back to playing with him.
Much love to our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment