Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unfortunately we're still in the hospital. Henry is still spiking fevers every eight hours, and no one really knows why. They did x-rays on his chest and abdomin, and tested blood for bacteria and mucus for any virus. So far nothing! The Doctors have taken him off of his home chemo and it's been a week now with out it. His rash is starting to spread again and I'm starting to worry that his LCH is spreading again. When he isn't on the regular chemo it does that. Wish I had better news but when we don't know whats happening I start to worry about everything! The unknown makes me think about the worst possible. One of the little kids at the RonDon who has a little sister going through chemo for Lukemia said to me one day.."I hope for the best but expect the worst."
I've been trying to be more patient and understanding. Moroni talks about charity, he describes what charity is, and 4 of the 13 characteristics are about patience. If we have charity we are nothing and we can't have chairty with out having patience. Also Elder Maxwell linked patience and faith; we have to have faith that the Lord has a plan for us and patience to see it unfold. So my new goal is to work on having patience in adversity. I know when we pray for patience we get a bundle of trails to help us develop that patience, but I think most of the time we don't recognize the little trials of patience we have daily, unless we are really focusing trying to better ourselves.
Hopefully that made some sort of sense. I am working really hard at keeping a positive outlook and not necessarily expecting the worst. We'll see how it goes. I will be sure to let you all know what's happening when I find out. Henry seems to be feeling better today, less pain on his back. He was smiling and playing games with me, I think he even winked at me. :) I wish sometimes I could just know how he's feeling and understand what he needs. For now he endures more than I ever could I'm sure! And he does it with a smile most days. What a trooper!

1 comment:

  1. This is something our Stake President is always quoting. I like it.Hope you do to.

    Tim

    UNFOLDING THE ROSE
    Rose


    It is only a tiny rosebud,
    A flower of God's design;
    But I cannot unfold the petals
    With these clumsy hands of mine.

    The secret of unfolding flowers
    Is not known to such as I.
    GOD opens this flower so sweetly,
    When in my hands they fade and die.

    If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
    This flower of God's design,
    Then how can I think I have wisdom
    To unfold this life of mine?

    So I'll trust in Him for His leading
    Each moment of every day.
    I will look to him for His guidance
    Each step of the pilgrim way.

    The pathway that lies before me,
    Only my Heavenly Father knows.
    I'll trust Him to unfold the moments,
    Just as He unfolds the rose.


    © Bryan T. Burgess

    ReplyDelete