Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy Busy Bee

Well honestly we aren't THAT busy, but we've been working on cleaning out the apartment and ditching stuff that won't fit into the bags. I have four bags that I can take on the airplane with me and if it doesn't fit it can't come home... well except for the six boxes of essential things I had to send home!
I have so many fun videos that I want to post, but haven't had the time to sit and do it... soon hopefully. Henry is getting so big and doing so many silly fun things. For example, he was body slamming me and jumping on top of me at 1:3o am. Laughing hysterically and saying "uh-oh" when he falls down. Another evening he was playing hide and seek with a stuffed animal and when he found the bunny he would get excited and scoot around in a circle like a dog chasing a tail!! So funny! He's quite the character! He is now old enough to defend himself verbally against Elizabeth, and he is very good at tattling on her too. He doesn't talk, but he is very good at his body language communication. Silly kid!
So here's our home plan:
Weekly visits for lab draws and appointments with speech and physical therapy, as well as the nutritionist. Then as his counts do better he will spread out his visits to every two weeks and then three.
The Hickman line is staying in until May when we come back down to Seattle for a check up and meds. Then I won't have to worry about Henry getting a fever; with the Hickman line (a central line that goes to the valve of your heart) if you get a fever you have to get to the Hospital right away and get blood drawn to make sure there isn't an infection. And if there is you get antibiotics for a few weeks depending on the type of bacteria, or you get the line pulled if it's really bad. Anyways, after he gets the line pulled I don't have to worry about that anymore and I won't have to make a midnight run to the hospital if he gets a fever. I can do three months!!!
We'll go back to Seattle again in August for another three month check up and meds. We will probably make a visit to the Seattle Cancer Care place for Henry's 1 year post transplant visit. HOORAY! Although Henry is only 75% Henry and 25% Donor, it's working to keep his body strong and the disease gone! They say that children are allowed to go to school 1 year post transplant. So after that one year mark I won't have to be soooo much of a germ-a-phobe! And we'll get to go to all three hours of church again. Wow!
So that's what is happening here!... I am so sad to be leaving Seattle since it is completely AWESOME weather! Sunny and warm and green! The trees are budding and the flower are coming out and I'm NOT looking forward to winter again! Henry sure loves the outdoors he's learning to escape with Elizabeth's help and would spend all day outside even if his fingers froze off!

Video's to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. Well you are in luck my friend as it has been very warm lately. Right now its 43 degrees and that's outside your house. Probably about 90 inside... anyways hopefully it stays nice for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN FUN FUN! Now that's the kind of busy I like to hear about!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete