Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Normal"

This is a "normal" weekly routine for Henry.
Mommy used to have Henry wrapped tightly in a blanket to change Henry's dressing. However, I eventually learned that the screaming was due to the lack of movement in his arms, not the actual changing of the dressing.
1. Clean the area around the entrance sight.
(This is his Hickman line that goes into his heart valves)
2. Cleaning the actual line that is under the dressing.

Henry is awesome at holding still and helping. He loves to hold garbage and then throw it away for me.

3. Let area dry and then apply the adhesive "stuff"
Henry's thinking, "what are you looking at? Isn't this what every 23 month old does?"


4. Apply bio-patch and then coil the line up and tape it down with tegederm.
And yes, Henry is doing a crossword puzzle while I am changing his dressing. I must be getting too slow for him!





















Aren't we done yet Mom? Seriously?
So, No, Henry is not "normal" but he's pretty used to this life style and he's pretty awesome in my book!!!
P.S. Nurse Katie if you are still reading this blog, a little man would like to come and see you before we leave for home! Some how we have to find out what days you're working. I know you're thinking I should already know what days you work... but I am not sure... so we're trying to get over there to say good bye!

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh. Alex freaks out if he stubs his toe (though I guess so do I!) What a trooper! I can't believe he'll be 2 years old!!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! You are the hickman queen:):) Can't wait till you guys get home...

    ReplyDelete