Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Really??HOME??!!!

I was a bit depressed that J. was packing up yesterday and leaving and I couldn't go too. However, it won't be much longer. I read Pres. Uchtdorfs talk in the Jan. Ensign, "Hold On" and LOVED it!!! I told my mom I wish I had read that talk a year ago! It was very comforting, but when I thought about it, the Lord has continually expressed the same feeling to my heart and mind over the last year and a half. Always in my heart I felt the Lord encouraging me to just hold on a little longer. "If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith, remember...Hold on a little longer. You can do this! ..Even when things look bleak. Know and remember this: the Lord loves you. He remembers you. And He will ever sustain those who 'endure in faith to the end."
Talked with the Doctor today about what we need to do to get outta Dodge....we scheduled a CT scan, ultrasound, no bone marrow (thank goodness) and some med tests to eliminate some more meds. Looks like we could be home by March. We're still discussing removing the line, but I'm hoping to get it out before we go home. I'll get to learn how to do shots at home for his Darbo med, and then we'll be returning to Seattle every three months for some bone medicine. We're starting the three month schedule next week which includes three straight days of 4 hour infusions. But it's only every three months, so less pokes every month if we do remove the Hickman line.
Henry's platelet count has been holding steady in the 30s and every few weeks it goes up a few points. His Hematocrit is still dropping, but ever so slowly which is great progress. Everything else has been just awesome! Although yesterday we did have quite a mishap at the park. Henry LOVES the slides, he scoots right off the end like he's gonna start running around.(He's close, but not brave enough to go out on his own) Anyways he went down this really steep one and leaned too far forward. Well Grandpa saw him falling and reached out to catch him, his fingernail sliced that little lip of skin between the lip and the gums.. ya know above your two front teeth. Well he bled and bled and bled and my white shirt was covered in blood! Henry's sweat shirt sleeves were covered and I was freaking out!!! But after much convincing, decided he would be alright. We watched him closely and after what seemed like forever the bleeding stopped and it's healing nicely. I was pretty rattled with so much bleeding, I thought he doesn't have that much to spare he's just gonna dry up!! Silly Mom I know! He recovered quicker than I did.
So I'm trying not to pack too quickly... but a few trial runs to see how much stuff we have will definitely occur.

2 comments:

  1. Don't jinx it... Don't take this the wrong way, but it would be great not to see you in Seattle much longer, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you to look forward to coming home, March...hmmmm spring time is a good time to be in Alaska and its just around the corner. My class is on adviserity today, girls around 12, most have not seen much of that so your story will be in my lesson and and your great example of faith, still thinking about you often, TCB

    ReplyDelete