Saturday, July 18, 2009

Peace of Mind


Joel and I are taking turns posting, just so everyone knows we are both writing, I guess we'll try to make sure everyone knows who is posting.

Anyways I was just thinking today about the scripture that says something like... my peace I give unto you,... and also the scripture in 2 Corinthians about glorying in our infirmities...I wasn't sure that I understood. but after really thinking about it I have decided that I do glory in my weaknesses. To witness the hand of the Lord in my life, witnessing the strength he gives me to handle every situation that comes before me. To better understand the atonement, that although I am imperfect, every day I can ask for added strength and comfort because my Savior knows exactly how I feel and can give me the strength to endure. And with everything that Henry has endured and faced, I have been blessed with peace in my heart that everything would be alright. I don't know what the future holds, and as my friend Carrie said, I don't want to see what is in the future. I don't know how things will turn out but I have great faith and trust in the Lord. He has a plan and he is kind and loving. And as Elder Worthlin said in his Conference address in April, for every tear we shed, he blesses us with joy ten fold...the principle of compensation. What the Lord takes away he compensates for an hundred fold later.

I don't know if any of this makes sense... maybe I'm just rambling again, but I just wanted to express my feelings. My gratitude to a loving and merciful Father in Heaven and Savior. The peace that I feel every day and the strength I am blessed with continually is from my Savior my advocate, he understands what we go through, each one of us personally, and he is there to comfort us if we will but ask for help and then trust in him. Elder Worthlin wrote to his daughter once, "The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him." I have learned if nothing else to trust in the Lord and have faith, and yes... leave the rest to the Lord.

I am grateful for friends and family that have strengthened me through this trial, I could not make it through with out you! You are the comfort that the Lord provides for me all the time. You are his instruments. Much Love to you all! Lisa.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, I am so glad to read your posts, I understand about glorying in infirmities, it is a difficult thing to explain, I guess you have to go through something really tough to get it. I remember hearing people say they were thankful for their trials and I wondered how can you be thankful for such pain, but after going through my own trial I did have a very special moment where I felt that way also, It is very personal and not something that can be explained easily so I won't try, leave it to say the Lord really does know what he is doing and how best to help us learn and grow and be comforted, and everything will be alright. You and your family are very special and I get such strength from reading your posts, always in my prayers Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa and Joel, Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and prayers with us. This is a very special way to keep us informed on what is going on with your little family. Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your babies. We pray that Henry will be successful in this transplant and you will all be able to leave the hospital and everyone will be happy and healthy. Thanks for strengthening my testimony by reading yours. Our Heavenly Father gives us all very special gifts to help us through each day. Love you, Gordon & Kathie Adams and family

    ReplyDelete