Thursday, December 31, 2009

Puzzle Solving

She looks so innocent and sweet I know..but listen to this one:
Elizabeth has this new habit of hiding things she breaks, however, she inevitably confesses. This time she broke a donated statue of Santa, one of a set of three... I really apologize Juliann...and my mom was very upset with her. All day Elizabeth asks, "Annie are you mad at me?" Annie says "I'm just unhappy with you." Dinner time comes and she sits in her chair with her eyes down cast and says "Poor George he doesn't mean to get in trouble, he's just a very curious monkey." LOL!!!!! Are you kidding me! Mom about fell off her chair and I think to myself how does a three year old figure those things out. And no, she hadn't watched George that day either! Too smart for her own good!
Henry is doing so much better! They drained all the fluid, took the catheter out and the echo's are showing that the fluid isn't coming back. There is still a pocket that didn't drain that they may go back in and drain. The best news, it's not LCH, it's not GvH, it's not infection!! So you say what is it?! That's what they are still trying to figure out.
Henry is just a continual puzzle to these Doctors, but they work so hard to take great care of him. I am so so grateful for the wonderful NURSES and Docs that help with Henry. They make the hospital stay easy and they always make me feel confident in their abilities. And they all love Henry. He's not needing any blow-by anymore unless maybe when he's sleeping, and he's back to his usual self, getting tangled in the mass of cords he is hooked up to.
His new favorite drink besides water...Mountain Dew
Oh and he ate all the jelly out of his PB&J sandwich. First time he's really eaten like that in forever! I guess some good comes of starving a child for 36 plus hours!
So we can all rest a little easier now, he's doing wonderfully.

P.S. Some of our friends are going home tomorrow and we're so excited for them! Yeah for successful transplants! And I just want them to know we will really miss them and they will always be in our prayers and thoughts! Good luck! And I hope the transition home goes smoothly. Please give H. Big hugs for us! Elizabeth will miss him tons!



3 comments:

  1. Oh that's darling! Elizabeth kills me! Alex is like that...just says stuff that knocks me off my feet laughing! Glad Henry is still doing well! Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you all, so glad for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Curious George comment makes up for the broken Santa!!! I could care less about the broken santa so please don't worry--it only cost a dollar! I'm glad you got happy news for the start of 2010! I'll be back in Seattle tomorrow night so I'll call you and maybe stop by!!! I'm excited to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete