Saturday, May 23, 2009

Anxiety Issues

My poor little Henry is having some serious anxiety issues. He was asleep the other day when I left to do laundry. I asked the nurses to keep and eye on him, and when I got back thirty minutes later he was at the opposite end of the bed with arms and legs through the bars, and screaming at the top of his lungs. So the last three days have been terrible. He won't go to sleep and when he finally falls asleep it only lasts twenty mintues and he's awake and screaming. He never wants me to put him down, so he hasn't slept much. If I put him in his walker and give him his blanket he almost falls asleep in it. So tonight I asked for some adovan to help him calm down and sleep. I wasn't sure it would work but miracle of miracles.. he's finally asleep and ...why am I still awake.. I don't know! But I'm hoping that he'll finally start to calm down a bit more, he's been in a "funk" so say the Doc's because he's so exhausted!
Another small update...they need more blood for the bone marrow search so.. we have to wait until his counts come up which means it will take a bit longer, and the way they are talking.. it may take a while to find a donor because of his rare typing.. but I don't know yet how to go about getting tested I'll ask the Doc's tomorrow. Anyways...now everything is waiting on his counts coming back up. Hopefully we'll get the hyper anxiety issues under control so we can get some sleep in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment