Friday, May 29, 2009

Peace of Mind

I am so excited to have Laci come and visit. I can't usually talk to friends at home with out crying my eyes out after I get off the phone! I am sooo homesick, for my home and my neighbors and my daughter and husband. And yet, I know that the Lord has blessed us so much! I have an opportunity to share with everyone in this house what I believe and the peace and joy of the gospel. I have been feeling very selfish, having this peace in my heart and mind and seeing others struggle so much. I am still so shy to share.. normal fears I guess, but I'm doing all I can to befriend them and hopefully share with them what I know. So I am grateful for the opportunity to be here.
I was given a journal by my college room mate with a poem on the front, "Footprints in the Sand" and so often we think what we are called to bear is at times unbearable, but I know that through the atonement we aren't carrying our burdens on our own, I fear that if I had to the weight would crush me. So I must say that I am so grateful for my Savior and the pain and anguish he endured to help me through the hardest times of my life. As much as I wish everyone here could be blessed with the miracle they want, I wish more that they could know the joy of the gospel. We pray so often for those that are sick and afflicted, what about those that have gone astray, those that are living with out the joy of the gospel, they may be in more need of our prayers. The Lord works in his own ways to bring about the salvation everyone. In Alma it talks about the Lamanites that were converted to the truth. They buried their weapons of war, and many of them were slain, while the wicked were not. But it was better that they were not, so that they would have the chance to repent and turn to the Lord before dieing in their sins. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, but I think many of us take for granted what we have, and I know I am afraid of opening my mouth about the gospel sometimes, but lately I've been feeling very selfish about that. So I'm working on it...And I'm not gonna worry about missing home and being separated from my family, if I have the opportunity to share with others the blessings of the gospel.
Henry is doing so well. We are starting the bone marrow search now because his typing is so rare, however, we are not going to do the transplant unless he starts to get worse again. The plan now is to return to maintenance, chemo every three weeks, and hope the disease burns out soon. He looks so good, he is smiling and interacting with everyone. I am amazed at how strong he is and how easy he has made this experience for me, his strength has lifted me. I know that all your prayers are heard and I know that Lord has been blessing us because of your prayers. I pray that he abundantly blesses your families as well.
I love you all tons! I miss you and you are in my prayers too. I pray that we might be able to come home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment