Sunday, May 17, 2009

Forgive the Rambling...

I have been fasting and praying that Henry would be healed. I have prayed continually that his bone marrow will be rid of the LCH as well as his spleen and liver. However, when the brethren from church arrived I did not ask them to give Henry a blessing. Although clearly he is in need of one. Can a person be healed by prayer and faith alone or is it necessary for brethren holding the priesthood to administer to him? Am I acknowledging the Lords power in my prayers and then showing a lack of faith by not asking for a blessing? And how many blessings can a person receive, is it wrong to continually ask for blessings through out the same trial? If one is in need of counsel from the Lord or a blessing of strength one week and another the next...can a person seek blessings too often? Or is that prideful? Why didn't I ask them to give Henry a blessing if I know that the Lord has the power to immediately heal him? Do I really have that faith? If you need more than one blessing is that a weakness on your part, did you lack the faith initially to be healed or receive the guidance needed? Are there limitations, I would assume not, but I am sincerely desiring to know what the Lord teaches us regarding priesthood blessings and if it's possible to over use them... do we continue to ask for blessings because we don't receive the outcome we hoped for, or because we wanted something else said? Am I seeking a blessing because although the Lord promised me that Henry would over come this disease, it isn't happening quickly enough for me.. am I simply impatient? I know that my desires have changed and I have come to realize that accepting the Lord's will doesn't mean we quit praying for what we want. I could sit around and say that I will accept the Lord's will and then just wait to see what happens, but I could also pray for Henry to over come this illness, according to the Lord's will. My sister explained that the Lord loves us and if we pray and pray and continue to pray eventually the Lord will give us what we are praying for; Joseph continued to ask that Martin Harris be allowed to take the transcribed pages and eventually the Lord allowed him to even though it wasn't the best thing to do... as they were then lost. But if we are persistent then the Lord will eventually answer us. Am I being too idle in my spiritual care over Henry? Am I too afraid of what may come, or getting too impatient... I know the Lord has a plan and I have to learn to trust Him and do his will. Is sitting and waiting and watching doing his will or just watching life happen? Shouldn't I be anxiously praying for the welfare of my son rather than watching him day after day go through this trial. I have continued to learn so many great aspects of the gospel and my faith and my testimony have been strengthened but this is one area that I continue to struggle with. I know the power of the priesthood is real and that we can be healed, the Lord is all powerful, and yet we have to endure certain things in life and with out those experiences we wouldn't grow and gain that knowledge. Is it wrong to seek after my own desires? Can it be wrong to ask that the Lord heal Henry tomorrow? If I had enough faith would the Lord head my cries and could we be home next week, even if the Lord's plan says otherwise? When do I know that my will is in line with the Lord's? We both want to see Henry out of pain and discomfort, perhaps it's just our respective time lines are different?! Or maybe I'm just incredibly homesick!

No comments:

Post a Comment