Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another Update

(Henry trying to eat his big toe. Back when he could get his toe to his mouth.. these days the belly gets in the way! Pic taken 8/20/08)

Hello All!

Just thought I would let you all know that Henry is doing well. His counts (red/white blood cells basic immune system stuff) are still at 0. It should take anywhere from 14 to 28 days for us to see his counts rebounding. Right now he's getting platelets every day and blood every other day. So when his bone marrow starts to rebuild again we'll see him getting platelets every other day and blood every two days or four days.. so small steps but he's getting there. He's so strong and looking better and happier every day. The Doctors are pleased with how he's looking.

We're down to only two lines attatched to him any more; NG tube feeds, and the IV line that they run his antibiotics through. When he takes a bath he's unhooked for a while from everything and I love it. We dance around the room and play and look out our big window and enjoy the freedom.

I bought a pilates mat finally, the blankets just weren't cutting it anymore. And bought another pilates DVD but it isn't any good. I'm pretty bumbed out... but at least I still have one. The women from the ward have volunteered to come and sit with Henry so that I can get out and run a few times a week. They have been offering forever I just finally gave in and said yes. I'm learning to accept help and service from others, they need the blessings as much as I do. So I went to the mall down the street and enjoyed the warm warm sun. I even sat outside today reading and got sun burned. Oops.

It's much easier to be happy when the sun is out, but harder to be in the hospital when it's so warm out side.

We ran into a family that had been at the Ronald McDonald house with us last year, they got to go home in October, the daughter going through treatment was all done. We were so excited but so so sad to see them go. Well they were here at the hospital for their three month check up and happened to pass our room. I was sooo excited to see them. Makes me soo happy to see families that have made it through the mess and heart ache of it all and are doing so well. It gives me hope that one day I'll be home again!

Besides my husband is finishing my house and I'm missing out on it!!! I'm not gonna recognize my own house when I get home! :) Thanks Honey. Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment