Sunday, April 12, 2009

General Conference

Twice a year our church as General Conference where the leaders of our Church speak to us about things they feel are important for us to hear. The one talk I missed because of Henry's CT scan was by Elder Eyring, and after reading it today I'm sure it was something I needed to hear. Here are some quotes from him that really touched me.

The knowledge of the atonement "will comfort us when we must wait in distress for the Saviors promised relief that he knows, from experience, how to heal and help us.

The Book of Mormon gives us the certain assurance of His power to comfort. And faith in that power will give us patience as we pray and work and wait for help.

He could have known how to succor us simply by revelation, but He chose to learn by His own personal experience.

Even when you feel the truth of that capacity and kindness of the Lord to deliver you in your trials, it may still test your courage and strength to endure."

"The Lord always suits the relief to the person in need to best strengthen and purify him or her. Often it will come in the insperation to do what might seem especially hard for the person who needs help himself."

And finally the Lord says to those who don't think they can endure much more..."peace be unto they soul, thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a moment."

I am so grateful this Easter weekend for the atonement of our Savior. For the pain he endured so that he might know how to comfort and strengthen me during times of trial and heart ache. And I am also grateful that I have wonderful friends and family that uplift me and strengthen me during my times of trial. The Lord has truely blessed me with great peace and I know that through this trial I am learning and growing, and hopefully becoming what the Lord wants me to be. I hope that you have all enjoyed the Easter weekend, but more than that I hope you remember why we celebrate Easter, and the wonderful gift the Savior gave us as he atoned for our sins, and willingly gave his life so that we might return to our Father in Heaven.

Thanks again for your support and your prayers they have truely blesses our family, and especially little Henry with strength to fight through this treatment. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa, when I read your updates I am so amazed at your strength, you are truly a choice daughter of God. A good friend told me we are prepared for what we will personally endure in this life. I chose to believe that means we know whats coming and accept it and have a special blessing even before we get here to be able to draw strength from our savior that we need. I see that strength in you and am also blessed by it. It helps me see how small my trials are and just love you. Your always in my prayers, Terri

    ReplyDelete