Thursday, October 22, 2009

4 Leaf Clovers

When I was a kid I had a natural talent for finding 4 leaf clovers. I could look at a clover patch and the 4 leaf clovers seemed to jump out at me and look like they did not belong. Well today while Mommy and Henry went to the Hospital for his daily appointments, Elizabeth and I went to the Park. I was teaching her about the trees and why the leaves change colors in Fall. We practiced colors, and then practiced counting. We stopped at a clover patch and she asked why grass does not change colors? I avoided the question for the obvious reason of not knowing the answer. I showed her the clovers and asked how many leaves clovers had, she counted "One Two Tree" (we are working on the TH sound in her pronunciation) I explained that clovers each had 3 leaves and we practiced counting "One Two Thhhhhreee" she picked a few and continued counting. I was not fully paying attention and then heard her say "One Two Thhhhrrreee Four" I looked just in time to see her rip off a leaf and turn to me and say "Daddy I fixed it". We proceeded to find 4 more 4 leafers. She seems to have the same natural ability to find 4 leaf clovers as her Dad. So, to all of you out there who keep saying Elizabeth takes after her Mother, your still right, she does where it matters...... But the rest is still me! Booo Yeah. J.














1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful and fun thing to pass on to your little girl! It is great that you take her out and teach her about nature and have fun together. So, many dads leave that all up to mom. Elizabeth is soooo cute and sounds like she very smart. It would be so much fun to get her and Ethan together again! :)Keep up the good work!!
    Love,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete