Friday, October 23, 2009

Bumpy Road

Since we got out of the Hospital on Wednesday Henry has suffered from separation anxiety issues. He is also still going through "mild" withdrawals (Ok Lisa laughed/cried hysterically when I wrote the word Mild) from the pain medications as well. For whatever reason he screams and screams unless Mommy is holding him. Although cute for a few minutes Mommy can't even go to the bathroom or shower without the little man screaming at the top of his lungs, non-stop. Trust me NON-STOP! On top of which he has a stuffy nose, I bought the little baby nose bulb sucker but they are half the size they used to be. I remember the ones my mother had when the bulb was the size of a baseball and you could actually get some sucking power out of them, these new ones are worthless. A good friend is looking for her old one so we can wash it and give it a try. I even went to the store to buy a Turkey Baster but the tip was a little too big to fit in his nose :) I have even played with the idea of buying a little dust devil vacuum and duct taping a aquarium tube to the end for some suction power like the one we had in the hospital. Any Suggestions would be appreciated! We are getting desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hey guys I just ordered three of the good guys online. I will bring you another when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor little Henry....and the rest of you too. My guess is the seperation anxiety and the withdrawls will just take time. However, for stuffy noses, there are a few things you can try. You can try a cool mist humidifier or even a warm ventalator (just make sure the kids can't get too it, the steam gets pretty hot.) Also, when Mommy goes to take that hot shower, have Henry in the bathroom, the steam often helps with stuffiness (and it might help with the seperation too.) I also have a baby vapor bath. My kids have not really been EXCESIVELY stuffy, but it has a milder mentholatum type effect.My last thought for now is, if there is actually mucus to remove, and he was using a suction machine at the hospital, maybe you can get a portable one for at home use. I know kids that have trachs use them at home. I have no idea on the availability, expense, or if it is actually what you would use in his case, but it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

    Oh, also you can use the "little noses" or "ocean" spray/drops too. It is just a saline mist/drops to help moisturize the membranes etc.

    Good luck to you all. I hope you are able to enjoy your time together. :)

    Miss you and Love you all tons,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was going to tell you there is a really good website that Elizabeth might really like (Reece LOVES it). It's called starfall.com and it's free. It teaches the sounds of the alphabet and is very entertaining.

    We are keeping your family in our prayers. I'm always here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you all broke out of the Big House. Henry likely got out early for Good Behaviour! lol

    I can understand the anxiety he has because of the change in environment. We will continue to pray daily and will add request for a peaceful spirit for Henry.

    Got bless and keep you all as you travel down this difficult road.

    Jimmy from Kodiak :)

    ReplyDelete