Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here We Go Again...

So Henry was out of the hospital for a few days and then after getting a platelet transfusion he spiked a fever and ended up back in patient. Roller Coaster here we go again...
Henry had a fever that wouldn't go away, and he was shaking and doing very poorly. They have since started him on a morphine drip again, and scheduled adovan and benedryl and reglan, and with all that, he whimpers most of the day. He tested positive for a bacteria in his blood and they were concerned that the bacteria was spreading fast, which leads to septis. After a lot of different blood tests they discovered that Henry has a certain antibody in his blood that attacks the blood from blood transfusions if they have a certain antigen in them. Complicated I know, it just means that they have to screen the blood they give him during blood transfusions. We're not sure if that goes for platelets. He still feels terrible most of the day and is struggling to get comfortable.
Last night Elizabeth and I went to the Hospital at 9pm because I was really concerned about Henry and they weren't going to let me go up and see him. So I talked to the charge nurse, who we have worked with a lot, and in trying to fight my way up I couldn't help but start crying. Concerned parents who don't want to drop their children off somewhere are just out of luck if their child is having a bad night. (Juliann and Bri I was going to call but thought it was a bit late and if the need comes up I will definitely be calling. :) So after a few waterworks they let me up stairs. Henry cuddled me for a while and after about an hour was calm and sitting in his stroller. So Elizabeth and I left so we wouldn't wear out our welcome.
Not sure how much longer this ride will last, but hopefully not long. I'm still so concerned that Henry will suffer from something other than the LCH. I know he's strong and he's fighting a lot right now and still finds a few minutes to smile. He's stronger than I am in every way, I'm just trying to have faith and patience and great hope.
We bought a pumpkin to carve together, and I got stuff for a fun Halloween night. We may be celebrating Halloween together later, or saving it for celebrating Henry getting out of the hospital. Elizabeth is demanding my attention...

P.S Jimmy and Joy how are things going? Been thinking about you guys a lot. Hope things are going well. Hugs from Seattle.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. You totally should have called last night. I usually don't go to bed until midnight because I try and wait for Spencer to finish studying. I can always come anytime because Spence studies at home. You are always in our prayers. Ann just got home from her trip and I think she was planning on visiting you tomorrow. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mu little henry you are so strong keep fighting this will all go away soon I just know it. and your mommy is way stronger than you think. When you move back home to AK I will tell you many stories about her she was quite the wild one:):) Love you so much buddy we are always thinking about you and your buddy elle is dying to meet you.

    Love you xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, We pray daily of Henry. We are so sorry that he is suffering so much. In my weakness I call out to our Lord that all of this is just not fair...for Henry or Colin or all the other little ones. I do take comfort in knowing that He knows what we are going through...and that He loves us....and that He can take it (my screaming out to Him sometimes). So keep the faith...cry out to friends and our Lord...because we can take it. We are with you in love and spirit.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: If you have moment, check out Maddy's site. They just moved down to Seattle (RMD house) this month. She's in the hospital too due a fever this week. Jimmy

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/madisynsickafoose

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can call at any time day or night. Juliann and I are here for you!

    ReplyDelete