Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some More fun Pics

He's so handsome in this shot, and yes he plays on the computer every night and at 2am-4am every morning. He loves to listen to the music and hit all the buttons, very hard!
Feeding Daddy Oreo's, Daddy shaved his head and now Henry has more hair than he does. :)

This is Henry giving Daddy "noggin" like the turtles on Nemo. He loves it! As you can see Henry's hair is actually getting fuzzy and coming in, for now he has longer hair than Daddy, but Daddy's hair grows in really fast!


What do you want? I gave you all the cookies and a "noggin"! hahha


Fish lips!


I know it looks a bit off on the color I was just messing with the saturation, He just looks so chubby and cute!


Giving Henry Kisses


This one was today, with his awesome shirt! He's starting to say "hi" to everyone and wave. He gets really excited. Yesterday he had his bone marrow biopsy and skin biopsy procedure. The Doctors upstairs all got "Hi's" and waves. Then he had to prove he was stronger than they thought by refusing to go to sleep after getting the anesthesia. The procedure was very brutal due to the fact that they couldn't get any bone marrow, too hard, which probably means too much scaring. But they had to try several times, which equates to lots of pain. He's much better today, but he was so tired last night that he slept hard...requiring help from the blow-by. The nurses were a bit worried but I convinced them he was just really tired. I could pick up his leg and drop it and he wouldn't wake up. So he got a decent night of sleep. :)
Tomorrow is our meeting with the Doctors and hopefully we'll get a better understanding of what's happening and what we do next. Joel and I are trying very hard to listen for guidance from the Spirit. A lot is going to be changing in the next few months and as much as we hoped to be home by Christmas, it looks as if that may not happen.
I've thought a lot about the situation, hoping for the great miracle to be completely cured, and then I think there are other families out there than may need it more than we do. And there are so many parents that have children dealing with health issues their entire life. Before we came to earth we lived as spirits with our Father in Heaven and we knew we would face pain and suffering, trials and we willingly volunteered. It's easier to accept the pain and suffering in your own life but when you have to watch a child or loved one go through it, it's much harder to accept. I feel like he's endured enough and shouldn't have to go through more, but there are so many kids in worse condition, enduring much worse. I think often of the man who brought his child to Christ and asked him to heal his son. Christ asks him if he believes and he says "yea Lord I believe." Christ looks at him and the father says "Help though my unbelief." I feel like the father sometimes, worried that I don't believe enough. Or I think of Job, a man full of integrity and trust in the Lord with perfect faith. While his friends wanted him to blame God, he refused, he had incredible faith in the Lord and his plan and love for us. I don't blame God for Henry's illness and the drastic changes in our life. I know that we learn through trials, and grow closer to the Lord if we turn to him. I know he loves us, because he endured all our pains and sufferings so he could comfort us and aid us in our time of need. However, I still complain and when things don't go the way I've planned it takes me a while to accept them and focus on the bigger picture, or to be focused on trusting in the Lord. I don't have the faith of Job, but I'm definitely working on it!
I love my little man and I wouldn't trade a minute of the last year and a half. He's taught me so much and has brought incredible joy and peace into my life. Yes I wish he didn't have to endure the pain, but the Lord sees the big picture and I'm trusting in him.








3 comments:

  1. All I can say is we love you guys. Love his chubby cuteness and the fish lips! Henry is my modern day Job. He is a reminder to use our time wisely, learn, love and remember that no matter what, we are being blessed (even if between the tears, the anger and frustration it's veiled for a bit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, love you so much and I think you are for sure proving your steadfast faith in reliying on the Lord! I pray and think of you and Joel and your 2 adorable kids! Hang in there sis and give that sweet boy hugs from auntie katie! If you ever get a free moment, and need someone to talk to, call me! 952-288-8940

    ReplyDelete
  3. D&C 121: 7-9
    7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
    8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
    9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

    Dearest Lisa & Family,
    I hope these few verses bring comfort to your hearts. I know it must be a lot to bear. But know that your friends stand by you to comfort you when you stand in need of comfort. And anything else you may need please don't hesitate to call.
    ~With Love From Alaska~ The Osborn Family
    Sara, Peter, Jolee, Ethan, Logan,& Kylee*

    ReplyDelete