Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Fun

Even though we are not all together for Halloween, nor are we going to risk taking Elizabeth trick-or-treating; we are still having lots of fun. Last week we bought a pumpkin and for the last week Elizabeth and I have been trying to figure out what we wanted to carve. We are technically not supposed to have pumpkins in the RMH house for whatever reason, so we knew we had to carve something really cool so if we were caught with the pumpkin people would be distracted by how cool it was rather than thinking about the rules. Well we had room inspections today just after I finished carving and cleaning up the mess. The plan worked and they just said it should disappear before Monday inspections. So here is what we did. Elizabeth wanted Sponge Bob Square Pants. We found one we liked on-line and I free-handed it onto the pumpkin with a sharpie. I then cut it out using a steak knife and a pair of hospital scissors I swiped a few days ago. It was kind of hard not having a good knife or drill bits but I was pleased with the outcome. We also had to use a flashlight in the bathroom since flames/candles are for sure off limits.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am super impressed. Good job on the pumpkin. I laughed out loud at your spiders. They were awesome! I'm glad you guys are having a good time celebrating Halloween. We are still praying for you guys and Henry. Call if ya need anything. I told Lisa today that I can watch Elizabeth at the RMH if you want to be at the hospital with Henry and Lisa. Just call and let us know when works best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cool! Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete