Tuesday, October 20, 2009

HOORAY!!!!

Doctors said today that they are discharging Henry tomorrow!!! WOHOO!! Elizabeth is so excited to have Henry come stay at the house with us, so we don't have to worry about who's night it is to stay with Elizabeth. Although she gets pretty excited when it's Daddy's turn, they are two peas in a pod!
We weren't able to completely stop the cyclospine, but can do it orally at home, and it will only last for two weeks. Oh and the class I had to go take the other day... we're not even doing fluid at night, so I didn't need the class, although perhaps at some point we will and then I can say I already know how to do it. :)
He's still needing transfusions every now and then, but doesn't need any immunity boosters so far. They are watching everything as closely as they can regarding the LCH. His spleen and liver are still enlarged, although much smaller than they were, and his alkaline phosphate or whatever is high, which can be an indication of bone involvement and LCH. His liver and gal bladder are still working on getting cleaned out, but over all is doing well. No rash is presenting itself, which is wonderful.
We continue to hang on to our faith in the Lord, hoping that we may be able to return home soon. For the rest of Henry's adolescence we will be paranoid about rashes and the LCH coming back, and we'll be doing check ups and medications and what not for at least two more years probably three. However, I'm anxious for the day we can finally be home in Alaska. We have been blessed to be together as a family through most of this trial and it has made it so much easier. Seattle has been wonderful and I'm thankful for the time we have been here and the wonderful friends we have made.
In a few weeks we'll have another bone marrow test and full work up to check on his body and see how everything is going. After that I'm not sure what to expect but I'm simply taking it one day at a time trusting in the Lord with every bit of faith I can muster. Truly the Lord blesses us with an increase of joy when we have endured so much sorrow. I am so thankful for my Savior, for his atoning sacrifice that grants us the peace and comfort we need. And the greatest miracle of all, eternal life. My life has been infinitely blessed because of my belief and knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH!!! Hurray indeed. I too can't wait for the day for you guys to be back! Granted, you'll have to take it easy but being home is just...well, being home. 'nough said right! Besides, when you're home you can then go with me and debbie for fantastic pedi's and entertaining conversation for the nail tech :)

    ReplyDelete