Sunday, August 30, 2009

Still Climbing

Yesterday something was wrong with the Lab draw or they didn't have enough of a blood sample to test the ANC, so we didn't find out what his levels were yesterday, however... today we found out that his ANC is up to 368!!! I am so excited, and so proud of Henry, he's such a strong little boy! He slept a lot yesterday, I think his little body is just worn out after three days of playing hard. On top of which his body is trying to rebuild a brand new immune system, I am sure I would be exhausted too. Got a chance to run to Target with Juliann and family.. thanks for the chauffeur services.. :).. and got Henry some new t-shirts, all size 2T- 4T, and they work wonderfully. He wore his "Dad's My Superhero" shirt last night, and they are so much more comfortable fitting. One of these days they are supposed to measure his height, to see if he's grown at all. Oh yeah, and yesterday afternoon he was laying on his tummy and crawling backwards.. army crawling..he's still working on the forward motion... but I was excited that he wanted to move around on his own. He's definitely getting stronger and I think he's excited he has that energy back, and hopefully some added strength. Only down side to having nice chubbylicious legs.. the walker is a bit tighter fitting.. Oh well, it should work after he gets some leg strength again.
So all in all, we're doing pretty good, great and wonderful things happening every day.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Soooo, exciting!!! Go Henry....so much for his counts not JUMPING!! Yes, I know, they could still go up and down, but for now, they are headed the right way!! :) WooHoo!!
    We asked Mom, not too long ago, what size Henry was wearing....we had some things Ethan had outgrown...at that point she said he was still wearing 9 mos. stuff and seemed to have plenty....well, Ethan, (being almost 3 years old now) wears 3T for the most part....I guess he can't really hand things down to his cousin Henry now. haha :)I am sure it was fun to get out and go shopping a little bit...especially for cutie little man clothes! Does he need anything else...what about Elizabeth, does she need anything? If any of you need anything....
    We love you guys so much! Hope your day continues to go well!
    Love & Prayers,
    Michelle & Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Henry you are so amazing! I always knew you were the strongest boy ever! Especially with those parents! We are so excited the better you get the quicker you get to come home and see us! Love you guys so much! I am so glad that you got to go shopping and get out Target is the best huh! We have a few here now that we have to hit when you get back!! love you so much! can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so excited to hear this news!!!!!! Yeah Henry!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing little man!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! I told Sister Romish his counts were up and she was thrilled!! She wants to have a cupcake party to celebrate--I told her I'm sure you wouldn't mind! I'll call ya tomorrow. I also got you some nutella!!!

    ReplyDelete