Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day -1

Henry has had a real rough 2 days. He got a Chemo that is supposed to wipe out his bone marrow to make room for the new stuff and it is really taking its toll. Today was supposed to be a rest day to prepare for tomorrow's transplant. He spent the day in pain. I just took this video I posted. He was in a lot of pain so they gave him his Methadone which didn't really help much. We gave him Oxycodone which he threw up minutes later, he then got Morphine and Ativan. But his pain keeps him from getting any rest. I finally gave up after hours and hours of him crying and me trying everything I knew to console and comfort him. I turned on the music and put him in his "King" chair and we rocked out to tunes and played with toys. He started acting really funny (doped up pretty good) and I took a quick video of him dancing and then realizing he had a huge belly. Tomorrow is the big day. I hope things calm down soon so he can get some rest. Joel.

3 comments:

  1. oh henry we love you so much and all fasted for you today! you are in our prayers and we can't wait to have you back with us in alaska! we miss you!!! love you so much and GOOD LUCK tomorrow everything is going to go perfectly i can just feel it. love your auntie tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY a video, thanks guys! Hope everything goes as planned, give Henry and Elizabeth hugs and kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be thinking about you and keeping a prayer in my heart for you all day, Terri and Gary

    ReplyDelete