Saturday, September 19, 2009

GRATITUDE

11/2008



Last night as I stopped to say my prayer I couldn't seem to even begin listing all the things that we are so grateful for, the Lord's miracles and tender mercies fill our lives. I thought about the Nephites when the Lord appeared to them, and I realized that I could imagine what it was like to watch the Lord bless their children. The Lord asks them to bring their sick and afflicted to him, and he heals them all, the Nephites witnessed great miracles, just as those in Jerusalem. And again I could imagine what it would have been like to witness great miracles. Every day there are miracles great and small, once we start looking for them, or paying attention we witness even more.


One of the things I am most grateful for, the power of the priesthood. To know that the Lord did not leave us alone here on this earth, he provided not only a comforter for our times of need, but also the power to act in his name and continue the great miracles that he performed. What a great blessing to have the knowledge of the gospel, our purpose of our lives and knowing that the best is yet to come.


As I prayed the other night I thanked the Lord for postponing the results of the tests, because I wasn't ready for them, there was so much going on I had to ask the Lord for greater strength to handle what would come. The next day we were given the results. I know that prayer is real, the Lord hears our cries and answers them. I know that we can trust in the Lord and he will ALWAYS come through for us. Every beauty this earth holds was created for us! The Lord created every living creature, and plant and controls the elements, and yet he pleads with us to come unto him. All he wants us to do is ask for help, which in this life is a hard thing to do sometimes, that is definitely something I have learned, but all we have to do is ask and he will pour blessings upon us, he is waiting and wanting to give us all that we need, but he cannot interfere with our agency, so he waits...waits for us to humble ourselves enough to know we need him and his power.


My joy is full! I have been blessed with TRUE friends and an incredible family, wonderful children, the GREATEST husband ever and strength beyond my understanding. I don't want you to think my life has been blissful and easy, it hasn't I've definitely had my share of trials, and I know there will be more, but I know that with the trials comes an increase of love and support. I know now why my favorite hymn is "How Great thou Art", truly He is great! My heart is full of Gratitude.

2 comments:

  1. your inspirational girl! Once again you made my quiet, boring, Sunday afternoon a good place to be, and made me remember who I should be thinking about. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful testimony you have. Living in Alaska truly gives me cause to stop and look at Gods Art. We live a such a serene and beautiful place. I truly enjoy the beauty & magesty of this untamed land. You have such a sweet & humble spirit Lisa. Thank you for sharing it with me.
    Love, Sara*

    ReplyDelete