Friday, September 18, 2009

Results

We have our results back...
1. No GvH in his stomach
2. NO LCH in his bone marrow
3. The graft looks awesome! Platelets Red blood cells and ANC are all coming in.

He's definitely having tons of issues still, according to the Docs all of them can and will be resolved by him getting food. They put in an ND tube, different from an NG tube only in placement; the ND tube is in his intestines, so his stomach can rest for a while. He's throwing up blood at least once or twice a day because of the biopsies, so it needs time to heal. I told my sister the great news and she asked if I cried when the Docs told us about his bone marrow results, and I said "no there is too much other stuff to deal with and figure out," and she says "well stop and take a minute to be excited dang it! It's exciting!" hahaha I am sure it will sink in and we are very very grateful that the Lord has blessed Henry with the ability to heal and progress to better health. We are now working on getting his stomach to heal and get him off the IV nutrition. Once he starts getting formula again and eating better, we're out of here!
It has been a rough day so far... perhaps we'll celebrate tonight when Henry feels better. Thanks for all your prayers, you have blessed our little man so much because of your faith and love. We'll be home before ya know it!

12 comments:

  1. YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahooo! I'll celebrate for you! That is GREAT news! Sister Romish will cry when I tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oh i am so excited for you guys! I wish i was there to scream and jump and yell with you!!!!! Henry you are AMAZING! and so is your mommy! So I went and worked with the setters n wed and it brought back so many memories! I miss you and can't wait to do it tgether!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy!!! That is wonderful news--which you totally deserve! Good luck in resolving the rest of Henry's issues. You're all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! We are soooo excited for your family! Way to fight Henry! The Lord is truly amazing! Congratulations on the great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! We are so excited for you all!!! What wonderful news!!! We have all been blessed by Little Henry and your whole family!!!! Now, Elizabeth can work her Big Sister magic and get him eating again soon!!! ;) So happy you were all there together to get the news!! We love you guys tons and tons!! Keep it up Henry....we know you can do it!!!
    Tons of Love,
    Michelle, Eric, Devin, Ethan, & Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited you get to come home soonish, I so cant wait to party it up with my awesome neighbors again, Henry you are da bomb-diggity! Take advantage of all the shopping while you can, and start preparing for a get-away cruise in a few months! And you cant say NO, you deserve a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and more LOVE! Awesome news. Me and Alex did the happy dance in Henry's honor! One day we'll get to show it to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH!!!! This is great news! I'm so happy for him and for you! I know it's been rough for the little guy, but it's not easy on parents at all! Just having the twins in the NICU for 2 weeks and then Kylee at 3 months old for a week was torture! Joel and Lisa ( and Elizabeth), you are AMAZING as well! Love you and can't wait to see you! give that little boy a big hug and kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo Hoo! That is wonderful. I"m so happy for you. All four of you deserve some R&R and time at home. Yeah, for home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cried when I read this!! I can't wait to see you and your family again.
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heavenly Father has truly blessed your family with a miracle! Henry is such an amazing little man. -the Osborn's

    ReplyDelete