Wednesday, September 23, 2009

In the Beginning... And the End

The beginning of our day was sweet and wonderful! The kids were angels! They took their naps rather late, and Henry is going through with drawls with out his higher dose of morphine.. but they took their naps and they were so sweet to each other all day. Henry has to have a kiss from Elizabeth every few hours. Doesn't like to be with out Big Sister.
And then the end of the day....
Well at 8:30pm Elizabeth was getting off the toilet and bumped against the toilet and propelled herself forward, eye hitting the corner of the garbage can! I don't quite know how she does it! So all the nurses come running in to help me keep the bleeding under control. She's screaming.. and let me tell you this girl has a set of lungs!!! The whole floor heard her, well the charge nurse came in and helped us get to the ER. Handy that we were already at the hospital!
She was screaming because she HATES to show anyone her ouchies. While in the ER she would be fine, as soon as anyone walked in the door she screamed "I don't want them looking at my eye!" Joel was still in the air flying in to Seattle so I had to leave Henry alone for an hour and a half. They were sure at first that she would need at least six stitches... luckily all they did was glue it because the cut was so clean, straight edges and all. Rough night, but she got to watch Beauty and the Beast and got a new stuffed animal friend named Pounce, another kitty. Her favorite. And now she's eating ice chunks and laughing and doing great. I explained to her when we got back that she couldn't touch her eye; in order for it to heal well she has to avoid touching it for 24 hrs at least. So she says to me, "mommy you can't kiss my eye, but you can kiss my other eye." :) She's got everything figured out! My little problem solver. So as bad as it may sound and look, she's doing great. But what a day! At least I didn't have two children admitted on separate floors over night! haha



1 comment:

  1. Aww man Lisa.... That is a crazy story but yes good thing your at a hospital already! your kids are so cute. I hope today is a great day for all of you :)

    ReplyDelete