Friday, September 11, 2009

Progress

Nap time with Daddy. He LOVES having his daddy here. He woke up this morning and had to check and make sure Daddy was still here and he was soo happy!


Our great news for today... Henry has tested negative for CMV. The virus that he had in his lungs and liver and blood. WAHOO! This is great, not only because the virus is gone, but also because on Tuesday they are going to do a scope of his GI and stomach to see if there are signs of GvH. We are pretty sure he has GvH in his gut because he isn't able to keep anything down. The good news is that if they confirm it, we'll be able to treat it with steroids, which will fix that problem, and we won't have to worry about the steroids making the virus spread through his whole body. The Doctors feel that the steroids will help him recover very quickly which would allow us to get him back onto his feeds, and then we get to go back the RonDon House!! YEAH! Only another ten days or so depending on Henry. So exciting.


His weight is holding at 12 kilos still, which is great because it means it's not all fluid, he' actually going to keep the chunky thighs! I can't get enough of them. haha


We're all very very excited to see Elizabeth! My mom said that the other day, Elizabeth kept saying, "Mommy's going to be so proud of me!" Henry is more excited to see her than we are I think, keeps looking in the cupboard for her. My boys are soo cute together.


The other thing I am realizing is how heavy Henry has become. He was always a cuddlebug, but now he wants me to hold him all the time, probably because it's not so uncomfortable anymore, however, I can't seem to hold him very long with out getting some major back pain.. ahhaha we'll work on that though, cause I love holding my baby boy, he squeezes my neck and plays with my hair, it's adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well! I am so excited for you all to be together again! Yeah! It sounds like there are a lot of wonderful things to hope and pray for in the next few days! I am just so happy! I bet Joel is loving holding Henry too...and coming back to such improvement!!
    Don't feel too bad about Henry's weight...I mean I know he has a lot going on that makes it great for him to keep it on...but, it runs in the family...I thought for sure Lauren had finally made it to 20 lbs., I was so excited to go to the dr. the other day (for her 15 mos. check up) and see where she was at now....Only 18 lbs. 6 oz.!! She was at 30 3/4 inches long....the dr. said she is still a little skinny, but that she is not concerned anymore really, partly because Lauren is finally on the growth chart now, and because her gain from last time was good!! Yeah!! (she might be 3 before I get to turn her carseat forward facing, but hey...) :)
    Happy to hear the good news, anxiously awaiting more results!!
    Love to you all,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news!! I love the sleeping picture. Boys just have to have their daddy's. Call me if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete