Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Official

So I may have jumped the gun a little.. but the Doctors declared today was official engraftment. His ANC is 630 :) They stopped two of his antibiotics, switched another back to meds he's been on before and are slowing down his lasiks. (The lasiks helps regulate the fluid in the body) We may have to up it again, but we're going to watch and see how his body responds. Oh and his CMV levels are dropping, his FA, which is a nasal wash that tests for viruses, has come back negative so far. He is getting better and stronger every day because of all your prayers! Thanks! He plays hard every day, and refuses to take a nap most of the day.
Next week they will do a bone marrow biopsy to look at his bone marrow, and to test for LCH. That's the big one! Please let it be gone!!!! They are hoping to replace his Central line at the same time they do the biopsy. So he won't have to fuss with the line on his arm much longer yeah!
I'm going to the Temple today with Juliann, and I'm so excited! A big thanks to Sister Romish for sitting with Henry and to Juliann for taking me. The Seattle temple has been closed for a few weeks, so Joel and I couldn't go while he was here, well he had to get the temple recommend renewed anyways, so that's alright. Now when he gets back we can go together hopefully. So if you have a minute, pray that Henry will do well today while mom is gone.
I am so grateful for the miracles I see every day! While the technology and knowledge we have about medicine is advanced, I know that the Lord's hand is in all things. He has blessed little Henry with a very strong spirit, a sweet one too! He gave me the sweetest kiss yesterday, grabbed my face with both hands and kissed me with out me asking for one. Made my year!!!! hahaha
Well I'm going to play with little man a while before I have to leave. Much love to you all. We miss our friends every where and family too! Thanks again for your great faith and your prayers in our behalf.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy he is doing so well. It is so nice that Juliann is taking you to the temple. I will Gladly sit with Henry when you and your honey want to go together. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!!! uphill from here! yeah! alaska here we come!!!!

    ReplyDelete