Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Well today is the day of Henry's Bone marrow biopsy, we won't have the results until Friday, but I'm still nervous. The CT scan yesterday showed no signs of infection in his lungs or stomach. His ANC dropped quite a bit today, back down to 1600. I asked the Doctor today if that was a bad thing that it dropped so quickly and all she said was "we'll see, we have a biopsy today." UGH! I don't like her! I want the other Doctor back he was great.
Henry will be very excited to have his PIC line replaced with a Hickman, the line on his arm is really bugging him and rubbing his skin raw in places. So it will be nice to get back to a central line. He will have to be intubated for the procedure, but I have complete confidence he will come off it very easily after surgery. But I still have to pace around nervously all day, because I'm the mom and that's my job!
The pain team has been trying to wean him off of the morphine, so that when the time comes to go home they can easily transition to methadone. But I think today they dropped it a bit too low, he's been fussy and angry all day. Maybe it's the burst of hydro cortisone that is making him so aggressive and mad, but he's taken to hitting me and scratching my face...I try to rub his hand on my face nicely to show him how to be gentle but he just grabs what he can and squeezes!
The other wonderful thing is that he needs his mommy to hold him more often.. I'm all about that.. I love cuddling my little man! And he needs me right now.. I'll update everyone later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,
    I LOVE that picture....it made my eyes fill instantly! Soooo sweet! I know how much it can stink when you have a doctor you don't like, trust, or get along with. I am sorry you are stuck with her right now. We are praying for Henry today...that he will be strong, his results will be good, and he will get extubated quickly! We are praying for your whole family many times a day! We love you all and wish we could do more. How exciting it is that your family will be together again soon! We will ge waiting anxiously with you for the results.
    Tons of Love,
    Michelle & Family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant....we will BE waiting....not ge waiting....hahaha

    ReplyDelete