Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tomorrow ....Tomorrow...I Love ya Tomorrow...

Unfortunately Laci isn't here right now.. we did have fun though when she was here. I just htink it's the cutest picture ever! I just love that blond hair! With his eye brows coming in darker, I think he's starting to look more and more like Joel. For some reason Joel thought that was a bad thing.. But I think he's incredibly handsome so I am excited. And no more toothpick arms. :) Nice and chunky! I asked the Doctors if he could have GvH in his gut because he isn't able to keep anything down, and all they can say is, 'it's a possibility'. So the nutritionist and I decided to put him back onto the pedialite at 5ml's an hour, see if he can tolerate that.
Tomorrow is the Biopsy and line replacement. I know they said the same thing yesterday, and the day before.. just toying with me. Not really the Resident just had her days confused. So really tomorrow will be the test and all and then by Thursday or Friday we'll have some sort of results. I'm still adjusting to this new Doctor, ugh, I don't like the transitioning... but oh well.
His bilirubin is back down, so his liver is calming down again, and his ANC is continuing to climb, 3200 I believe, not sure of the exact number. But that means he's been three days over 2500 so he get to stop the GVSF, or immunity boosting drugs. Which is great, one less medicine he has to be on. His weight has been really stable the last week or so which is fantastic, at a chunky 12.3 kg. (Multiply by 2.2 to find out lbs.) So he's looking better and better every day. We'll get the stomach thing figured out eventually. And today he has another CT scan of his lungs to make sure they don't see any signs of infection, because he's having unexplained fevers again. Not new to us, but new to the new Doctors. I liked the other guy he just blamed everything on GvH unless something grew back in the cultures. By the end of the two weeks I'll adjust to this new lady, and then I'll have to start all over again.. wahoo!
Definitely a roller coaster Terri and it's beginning to get old and make me sick to my stomach! Need a new ride! A shorter one perhaps.





1 comment:

  1. Lisa-
    Thank you for your encouragement about Shepherd and the blog. What an ABSOLUTELY beautiful little boy you have. He reminds me of my other boys- all that blond hair and those blue eyes. He is just perfect. I also noticed you were from Alaska? I grew up in Palmer and a bunch of my family still live there. Please let me know how I can be praying for you and your family. I have such a heavy heart for families living in/at the hospital. Our time there was so horrible and so wonderful all at THE SAME TIME. I'll be watching your blog closely so that I know how to pray. I am so glad that the Lord brought you to the blog and I am so glad that I can be praying for your family.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete