Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just keep waiting, Just keep waiting.. :)

I didn't forget to update... we're still waiting for him to get out of surgery.. no it hasn't lasted 7 hours.. he just didn't get in until 6pm. I'm choosing not to get too upset, a lot of miscommunication, mis-planning by the Doctors, and then some other surgeries lasted longer than planned, so I'm just rolling with the punches. Henry is doing great, they did the biopsy already and now they are in the process of removing and placing the central line.
His platelets weren't up to a certain level so the Docs in the OR didn't want him until they hit a certain level, understandably... the smart thing to do would be make sure the day or night before the surgery that his levels were good... Instead they decided to make our nurse give him four transfusions in one day of platelets.. which is very dangerous and irresponsible on the part of our Doc's if you ask me... so that he could get the procedure done. UGH! Fluid sensitivity what's that?!!! Poor kid is gonna be over loaded and his body isn't gonna be able to get rid of fluids on it's own anymore.. it's so dependent on medication to do it for him! Not really once he gets the protein levels up he'll be alright.. it's just crazy!
Things always happen for a reason, and I am not mad that the time changed cause Henry and I weren't doing much today, just hanging out and playing and napping.. but to over load him fluid wise on the day of surgery when he has to be intubated.. that's just lame on the part of our Doc's. Hopefully they will pick it up and start being proactive in his treatment from here on out. Usually they aren't so slow to figure things out.. staff changes makes everything slow down.. just like freeways and merging traffic. I remember so many times being angry in Portland because traffic flows nice a easy until you hit the on ramps and then dead stop because we decided people in Portland didn't know how to merge! hahaha Fun times girls! Anyways... merging new traffic always slows things up.. and it always seems to happen at critical points in Henry's care. I'm not really mad I'm just venting! Sorry if non of this makes sense... I'm just impatiently waiting for him to be done and back here. Hope you all had a great day! Much love to all our friends and family.

P.S. On a side note.. Joel called me this evening to ask if I wanted anything from the house and I said to him "I haven't been there in a year I don't even know whats there!" haha Crazy! But I hear the house is looking awesome and I'm so excited! Can't wait to get home and see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment