Friday, September 4, 2009

I just talked to our neighbor in the hospital, he and his daughter have been in patient for 165 days!!!!!!!!! The Lord is certainly very good at humbling and chastizing in a way that is loving and very effective. They have high hopes to be out of here in 9 days. So I'm praying hard for them. Truely the Lord only gives us that which HE knows we can handle!
Henry slept most of the day yesterday, so he was up late late. I haven't ever seen him so excited to talk on the computer. I called Mom's house and had to nag Uncle B until he would let mom use the computer to talk to Henry. See the Boise and Oregon football game was on, and he has his computer hooked up to the big screen TV he just got. So after a bunch of begging.. he unhooked the computer for us and Henry got to talk with Annie and Elizabeth and Grandpa. He was soo happy, and playful. I kept trying to put him back down to sleep but he would pull himself up using the railings on the bed. And would babble and laugh so much that I had to talk to him it was too cute to resist.
His ANC is 1472 this morning, white cells are still at 1.6, but he's workin on it. Tuesday is our bone marrow test and placement of the central line, today they are doing the ultra sound to check out his upper veins to see which ones look the best. The other GREAT thing the Doctors suggested today was talking to ID team and figuring out a way that Henry could go for walks OUTSIDE!!! Oh my goodness he's never gonna want to come back in.. but he'll be so happy to be outside. I will be happy to be out side. Fun fun.
His goal is to reach 2500 with his ANC and I think reduce the need for blood and platelet transfusions. On top of which he needs to get back on his formula feeds through NG, but I don't think his stomach is handling the pedialite very well. So we'll see.
I went running this morning and at my two mile marker to turn around this lady goes by in the other direction.. the direction I'm going to be heading, and she's definitely a marathon runner, has all the equipment all that jazz. Anyways, I'm just a very competative person so my goal is to pass her.. well she got a good distance between us before I turned around at the two mile marker. If any of this makes sense.. if not just disregard. :) So I'm keeping my pace until the last mile and I start pushing it a bit, and then a little harder, I'm determined to pass her before my run is finished.. well what does she do.. she quites running before I can pass her!!!!! UGH!!! I was very disappointed.. which made me push myself even harder the last half mile. Silly I know but I think it helps me train a bit.. trying to catch up with other runners or pace myself with them. Good times. So nice outside. There are soo many blackberries wanting to be picked and I can't bring myself to spend the time to pick them.. one of these days. I want more blackberry jelly or at least some pie!
Alright, I'm going to run upstairs for lunch while Henry is asleep. Much love to you all. Thanks for all your support! Can't wait to get home and see all my friends and family!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so happy his ANC is getting higher. And I think your runner lady quit because she didnt want to look bad while wearing the get-up. GO LISA!!! GO HENRY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I commend your for going running. period. I've thought about it, looked at my awesome running shoes, then opted to just go back to ready my book. Lazy, I know.

    I LOVED the blackberry bushes! We found a bunch in the Arboretum and randomly on the side of the road while we were there. Such an awesome and delicious surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha....I think about going for a walk...then I think "oh, it's just toooo hot", or "mmm I don't really want to go alone".....haha RUN??? haha It is wonderful you are doing something you enjoy...taking care of yourself too. A little competition is healthy right? Too bad the other lady didn't KNOW she was competing. hahaha Hope Henry gets to go outside soon. That would be wonderful! I remember waiting for that day when I was there as a kid. At least he is not old enough yet to stare out at the window at the playground and pout. I feel bad for my mom. Keep up the good work Henry!
    We love you,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete