Wednesday, September 16, 2009

'House Keeping'

So the Docs said today that not much has changed, they are simply doing some house keeping today. He's finally getting his pemidronate (aka boniva) for his bones, they have put it off for about three months! And we're still waiting for results from bone marrow tests, and the biopsy from his stomach yesterday.
There aren't any apparent signs of GvH in his stomach or intestines, which is good, probably means that it's there, just not very severe. The Doctor yesterday, I believe his name was Dr. Burpie, haha, said that one of the complications from the endoscopy was a tear in his intestines or stomach, and excessive bleeding but that it was rare, only 1 in 50,000. It only lasted about 20 minutes, and he recovered fairly quickly, the nurses in the PACU must not like screaming babies cause they bring them back much quicker when they are mad. haha We got him in the room and sat him up and he starts to cough like he's gonna puke and proceeds to puke a huge amount of blood and big ol' clots! UGH!!! So gross I wasn't sure how to respond but I was freaking out..."what is that?" They took a couple extra samples of the stomach and must not have been very gentle on him, cause it's a normal reaction. However in my mind I'm thinking of course Henry would be the 1 in 50,000! He likes to be the unique one. But no tear, just lots of blood. He's still throwing up blood, it's darker dried stuff, but it's miserable I'm sure. Poor little guy! He took a nap yesterday around 4pm and stayed asleep, he woke up for a few minutes but then slept through the night. Thanks bud, I really needed some sleep! :)


These two are sooo cute together! I love watching them play. Elizabeth has sooo much energy. She is used to being at Annie's house where she can run around outside or around the house at least and burn off the energy. Here we have to run stairs or go run around the play ground. Poor child! And the diet of cafeteria food is making us all gain weight! haha Lots of walking once we get out! Which won't be next week. His kidneys are not very happy because of the tons of medication, and the CMV is back again. He's definitely getting better, but slowly, so we're looking at the next week maybe. I'm a bit upset because they didn't let me know they were doing rounds, that twice now that they have done rounds with out me and just fill me in on the small stuff. UGH, I can't wait for the two week change of Docs! There is nothing I hate more than not being told everything.
Well Henry's awake and playing... gotta go play with my boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment