Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sleepy Baby


Not much new to report today, Henry's ANC continues to climb, 1186 this morning! YEAH Henry! His bilirubin normal again, his weight seems to be dropping a bit, and he's not having any major issues with retaining fluid after dropping the Lasiks to every six hours. He's still having issues with coughing and throwing up thick mucus, but they are hoping that will subside, if not they will call it GvH, nice little excuse card in their pocket that covers everything they can't explain. haha They did a chest x-ray today, just to check and see how things look. They were hoping to start him on formula today, but with his nausea being bad, they are starting him on a bit of pedialite very very small amounts per hour. We'll see how he responds. I'm hoping it will help him adjust back to normal feeds.
Yesterday was a bit of a lonely day. I went running and Henry and I played, same daily routine, and then we took a nap together at 4pm after his bath. I woke up at 6:30pm and got some dinner. Henry woke up for a bit and then went back to sleep which was really nice. However, then I was up most of the night bored out of my mind. I didn't want to watch TV and I was getting texts from Joel about the fair and movie night... so missing home!! Sadly I think I'm a bit jealous he gets to be home leading a 'normal' life...but I have to tell you he's the greatest husband ever! He's at home finishing the house for me! Always working hard to make me and the kids happy and to give us a beautiful home to live in! Thanks Joel I love you so much and I am grateful for ALL that you do for me!
I'm reading a book called the Nazi Officers Wife. A book about a Jewish woman who married a non Jew and lived in the heart of Germany among the Nazi's, through out the war, always living in fear that she would be discovered and all those that helped her would be killed. Hitler loved the Nazi wives, and they were second only to those that died on the front lines in honor. They were supposed to have babies, lots of them, and they were given more than anyone else because they were all about the repopulation of Germany. A very interesting book, and a true story. I think I need to get back into reading some upbeat books, that won't make me so sad.
I'm taking a lazy day today, not working out, just hanging out with Henry and relaxing a bit. I am totally craving sweets. Oh how I miss baking!!!
Henry is doing great! A bit more comfortable and happy and active, yesterday in the bathtub he scooted around on his butt all over the tub it was soo fun to watch! He watched himself on a video from July and was laughing and I think he decided he wanted to be able to move around like that again. Silly boy. He's incredible!

4 comments:

  1. Hubby certainly is working hard for you and it's great to see the house come together. Saw a gray car pulling a black trailer coming to the house this morning, so sounds. like he is into another project!!! We miss you too and so do the goats.

    Margie and Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Henry's progress! Sooo impressive! Good job little man! Keep your head up my Lisa! If you're lonely, just keep posting!!! I'm addicted to following your journey! So inspiring! :) How is Elizabeth doing? Is she with Daddy or Grandma? Keep up the good work! Love, Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa I just have to say that you are one of the most amazing people I no, really you have been through so much with your little man and look at you both doing woderful... keep it up and i hope that you guys will be home soon i would love to meet you kiddos... Im always following you blogs most of them make me cry(your so strong)! i will be looking forward to reading more in the future.... good night

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurray hurray hurray! i'm doing the happy dance (pause for dance) Hurray! Not to rub it in, but I have two bags of cotton candy from the fair staring at me right now! Maybe I should take a picture then you can show it to Henry so he's even more motivated to get into tip top shape for next year's fair. I'll reserve a cream puff and cotton candy and a hand dipped corn dog just for him. Oh and tickets for the fair rides. Hurray HENRY! So awesome! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete